postdoc position at Boys Town National Research Hospital

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP

A postdoctoral fellowship, funded by the National Institutes of Health, is currently available at Boys Town National Research Hospital in the Hearing Aid Research Laboratory.  My work is in the area of hearing loss and amplification, with a focus on young children – but we have access to patients of all ages, including those who have received cochlear implants.  I am interested in finding someone who would complement our current research group (i.e., speech perception, signal processing).  My current R01 focuses on optimizing amplification characteristics for young children via signal processing (extended BW, noise reduction, frequency compression/transposition) and the effects of high-variability auditory training on speech perception in noise and acclimatization to novel signal processing.  Candidates from related fields (e.g., speech, hearing, engineering) who would be interested in studying the effects of hearing loss on speech perception, language development and how signal processing might improve outcomes are encouraged to apply.  Opportunities for collaborative research training and experiences involving several laboratory groups (psychoacoustics, human sensory physiology, communication engineering, speech and language, and cochlear implants) also are encouraged, as are interactions with other postdoctoral fellows at BTNRH.  Core services (laboratory computing, human research subjects) are available at BTNRH through an NIH-supported core center grant, increasing the efficiency of research activities.  Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.  Interested individuals should contact Pat Stelmachowicz, Ph.D., Boys Town National Research Hospital, 555 North 30th Street, Omaha, NE  68131 (email:  stelmach@boystown .org; 402:498-6522).

Patricia G. Stelmachowicz, Ph.D.

Boys Town National Research Hospital

555 N. 30th St.

Omaha, Ne 68131