Re: speech materials in Indian languages

Hi Monita,

Here are some:

1. There's a multilanguage speech database available from CSLU (http://www.cslu.ogi.edu/corpora/mlts/). There might be some more, so you may want to check the website carefully.

2. TIFR and CEERI had collabrated to make a speech database. They had a paper in ICSLP 2000 "Hindi Speech Database" by Samudravijaya, K. and Rao, P. V. S. and Agrawal, S. S. However, I have no idea how to get hold of this database.

3. You might want to try to get in touch with Prof. Yegnanarayan at IIT Madras. He might be aware of some other sources.

Hope this helps!
Tarun
Tarun Pruthi
Graduate Research Assistant, ECE