Re: speech materials in Indian languages

Dear Monita and list,

You can find some materials about Indian as well as many other languages that late Peter Ladefoged recorded over the years
at the UCLA Phonetics Lab.
http://archive.phonetics.ucla.edu/

Cheers,
Heriberto

'Life is short but wide'

Heriberto Avelino
Department of Linguistics
1203 Dwinelle Hall,
University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-2650
Phone: (510) 642-2757
Fax: (510) 643-5688
http://www.linguistics.berkeley.edu/~avelino/

Monita Chatterjee wrote:
Dear List,

I am interested in obtaining recorded speech materials in various
Indian languages [vowels, consonants, sentences, anything]. I know there
are some databases for Hindi, Tamil, etc. but I don't know where to
look! ..I'd appreciate a few pointers to help me get started.

Thanks,

Monita

M Chatterjee, Ph.D.
Asst Professor, Hearing and Speech Sciences
0100 LeFrak Hall
University of Maryland, College Park
College Park, MD 20742
(301) 405 7716