Re: looking for a control task /spectro-temporal processing

Dear Nadine,

The choice of your control task should depend on which step of the perception chain you want to control.

I always found a large influence on the possibility to go back in your ‘echoic’ memory when using such short stimuli as you propose. A way to control the echoic memeory is to embed your short stimulus in a much longer one of similar tones.

If you want to control the stage in which you recognise the pattern you should embed the sequence in similar patterns.

What is your intention with the control signal?

Regards,

Leon van Noorden