Fluctuation Strength Model?

Dear List -

We are looking for a general model of fluctuation strength, either as an algorithm or in code. Zwicker and Fastl refer to the existence of such a model (in Psychocacoustics: Facts and Models) but only present a highly simplified model in their text (applicable to a limited range of signals). Unless we have missed something, their references do not contain details of a more general model.

Any help would be appreciated. We are aiming to implement this in a suite of Matlab routines.

Sam Ferguson & Densil Cabrera
Faculty of Architecture
The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Telephone +61 2 9351 5267
Fax +61 2 9351 3031
densil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx