Re: AUDITORY Digest - 28 Jan 2006 to 30 Jan 2006 (#2006-20)

Hi Xinhui Zhou,

   As long as I knew, the term liquid originated from the fact that,
in the process of articulation of these sounds, the air flows "softly"
to both sides of the tongue, like a liquid... Unfortunately, the
references I have for this term are in Portuguese and only in printed
books.

            Sincerely,

                       Francisco Fraga