Re: AUDITORY Digest - 20 Nov 2005 to 21 Nov 2005 (#2005-236)

Hello Zoltan,

There are a number of HRTF datasets that you can use to calculate the 'head
directivity'. Here are some of them:

MIT KEMAR Dataset: (The most commonly used one.)
http://sound.media.mit.edu/KEMAR.html

CIPIC Dataset:
http://interface.cipic.ucdavis.edu/CIL_html/CIL_HRTF_database.htm

IRCAM LISTEN dataset:
http://recherche.ircam.fr/equipes/salles/listen/

ITAKURA dataset:
http://www.itakura.nuee.nagoya-u.ac.jp/HRTF/

SUZUKI dataset:
http://www.ais.riec.tohoku.ac.jp/lab/db-hrtf/index.html

SHIMADA dataset: (Web page is in Japanese)
http://audio.nagaokaut.ac.jp/hrtf/

If you're willing to pay you can also look at the AUDIS HRTF dataset
(measured by Ruhr University Bochum, HEAD Acoustics, Sextant Avionique, and
TNO) from the European Acoustics Association. The web address to look for
that one is:
http://www.eaa-fenestra.org/Products/Documenta/Publications/09-de2

You may also find some interesting stuff in Angelo Farina's public files
directory:
http://pcfarina.eng.unipr.it/Public/HRTF/

For calculating the head directivity, all you need to do is to reshape the
magnitude response functions that you obtain from the HRTFs as a function of
direction.

All the best.

HÃseyin

Dr HÃseyin HacÄhabiboÄlu