Evaluative Bivalence

Dear List,

Continuing my explorations using the priniciple of evaluative bivalence for frequency analysis by the auditory system, I have added a new section, section 8, to my website (given below) detailing results from analysis of some vowels and the stop \g as in "go". There are two observations of interest described, the first associated with "remainders" and the second of energy density, described as the energy per period. A "remainder" is described as the imbalance between the positive and negative part of a waveform and is associated with the analysis of each harmonic. It seems, at least from the small sample that was tested, the auditory system makes explicit use of both the "remainder" and energy density, for articulation.

The website is:

www.tonepitch.com

and as always, I am open to any comments or helpful suggestions that anyone can provide. Regards

Randhawa