Recording Microphone

Hi All,
We want to make some speech recordings in an anechoic chamber (or a sound booth) and are looking for recommendations for a reasonably priced recording microphone for the task (or do we really need to spend a good bit of money for quality recordings?). Given we will be recording in quiet any thoughts on the microphone polar pattern (omni seems to make more sense)? Something with a flat frequency response and low mic noise seems like a good start. We will likely be using commercial software for the recording process (e.g. Adobe Audition, or SoundForge) in conjunction with an Echo DARLA 8-channel sound card. Any thing else I should be thinking about? Any specific suggestions? I appreciate any thoughts you might share.

Thanks,

Ben

Benjamin W.Y. Hornsby, Ph.D.

Research Assistant Professor

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences

1215 21st Ave. South, Room 8310

Medical Center East, South Tower

Nashville, TN  37232-8242

Phone: 615-936-5132