Re: illustration needed (PRAAT & Audacity)

For my book, "What is Music? Solving a Scientific Mystery"
(http://whatismusic.info), I used PRAAT, (http://www.praat.org) which is
licensed under the GPL, to create spectrograms of myself talking a
phrase and singing the same phrase ("Twinkle twinkle little star").
PRAAT is easy enough to use, and you can output the spectrogram as an
EPS file. You can see the spectrograms I made in the book's online
preview (page 52 out of 134).

Audacity can also do spectrograms.

Philip Dorrell.