Re: headphones (again!)

Other good sites to check for headphones are: www.head-fi.org;
www.headphone.com. The latter one is a commercial site but they are
quite candid about which headphones they like and which they don't. They
also provide frequency response measurements and distortion spectra
for most of the headphones on their catalog.

Given these headphones will be used for experim ents, I suppose closed
headphones would be preferable to open ones. Unfortunately, it is easier
to get good sounding open headphones for the same price, especially if
the price is relatively low. Tough to get low-distortion headphones for
US$40!

IMO, your best bet would be either Sennheiser (e.g., HD202, PX100) or
Koss (portapro) for low-cost, decent quality headphones.

Valter

blumschein@E-Technik.Uni-Magdeburg.DE =====
>I doubt that earphones from Grado are really better than from
Sennheiser.