Re: Octave code request ... was : Matlab code request

OK,

I see ... well we can write a function to help you to generate the noise
and then generate the tone ...

I guess you will do something like so in octave (GPL math script
language ... check www.octave.org)

I will assume that you want tone in notched out noise here ??? If not
let me know.... you will have to find someone to fill in the various
sections ... I am only creating a specification for you ... with some
hints ...

save the following to a file and run octave from that directory.

========== BEGIN toneInNotchedNoise.m =================

function signal=toneInNotchedNoise(noiseAmp, notchCF, notchBW, signalDuration, toneF, toneAmp, fs)
  %# toneInNotchedNoise is an octave function to generate arbitrary tone
  %# in Notched noise type signals for psychological experiments.
        %# input:
        %#        noiseAmp : level of the noise
        %#        notchCF  : centre frequency of the notch filter (Hz)
        %#        notchBW  : 3dB bandwidth of the notch
        %#        signalDuration : seconds
        %#        toneF    : Frequency of the tone (Hz)
        %#        toneAmp  : Amplitude of the tone
        %#        fs       : Sample freq. (Hz)
        %# output :
        %#        signal : tone in notched noise

        %# changelog
        %# v1 : Specification by flatmax under GPL license [1]

        %# Generate noise here
        signal=rand(1,duration*fs);

        %# Notch filter noise here ...
        %# i] gen filter
        [b,a]=butter....
        %# ii] filter noise
        signal=filter(b,a,signal);

        %# generate tone and sum to notched noise
        signal+=sin(....)

%#[1]
%# toneInNotchedNoise is an octave function to generate arbitrary tone
%# in Notched  noise type signals for psychological experiments.
%# Copyright (C) 2004  Auditory mail list

%#  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
%#  modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
%#  as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
%#  of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

%#  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
%#  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
%#  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
%#  GNU General Public License for more details.

%#  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
%#  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
%#  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA
%#  02111-1307, USA.
endfunction

=========== END toneInNotchedNoise.m ==============