saltation in pitch perception

Dear all,

Saltation, first studied in tactile perception (Geldard & Sherrick 1972), refers to systematic misperception of spatial stimulus distance depending on ISI. Visual and auditory (sound localization) analogs have been found by Sherick (1974) and Hari (1995). I learned about the phenomenon from a paper by Jan Wiemer et al (Learning cortical topography from spatiotemporal stimuli, Biol. Cybern 92, 173-187), who developed a neural dynamic field model.

I wonder whether similar effects can be/have been found in pitch perception. If anyone has references or thoughts to share about it - they`re very welcome.

Best regards,

Julius Verrel

--
Julius Verrel