Re: definition of 'real world sounds'

As long as it's not allucinatory, any sound we might experience comes from
the "real world" ;-)
Probably it might be more fruitful to look for a definition of environmental
sounds.
For this take a look at Brian Gygi Ph. D. thesis (the very first pages should
definitely help):

http://www.indiana.edu/~k300bg/

    Bruno

Quoting susan allen <susie@SHOKO.CALARTS.EDU>:

> Hello, I would like a definition of 'real world sounds' = does this
> include piped in or background music in the retail/service
> environment?  Many thanks
> Susan Allen
> --
> Susan Allen, Associate Dean
> Instructor of Harp & Improvisation
> School of Music
> California Institute of the Arts
> 24700 McBean Parkway
> Valencia, CA  91355
> phone (661) 222-2780
> fax (661) 255-0938
> website  http://shoko.calarts.edu/~susie

Bruno L. Giordano - Ph. D. student
Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale
Via Venezia 8 - 35131 Padova, Italy

currently hosted by:

Equipe Perception et Cognition Musicales
Ircam-CNRS (UMR 9912)
1 place Igor-Stravinsky
F-75004 Paris, France

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.unipd.it