Rules of thumb for trainee dispensing audiologist?

Hi,

Details of my Practical Exam for the UK Hearing Aid Dispensing qualification arrived in the post this morning ... eek!

I have done the Theory Exam and have read most of the textbooks ... but what seems to be missing are those "rules of thumb" which
help you decide what aid type, earmould type & material etc you should prescribe, based on the audiogram, patient's personality etc.
And the Practical focuses on these ...

Does anyone know of a collected list of such hits & tips?

Or would you be happy to start a thread on this topic?

Or is there a more appropriate mailing list I should join?

Thanks,

Richard

---