(Fwd) Re: place pitch and temporal pitch

It seems like Dr. Braun is saying that because a 5 Khz sinusoids can
not be matched to a harmonic complex, it doesn't have a pitch. Why
should that necessarily be a restraint? I've heard 4KHz and 8KHz
sinusoids and the 8KHz always sounds higher than the 4 KHz. It's not
timbre--- because it's a different pitch. Place theories are
incomplete as is a purely temporal theory.

Seebeck would have loved you though.