SAPA 2004 - Deadline extension

Dear friends,
we had a bunch of requests for a submission deadline extension so we are
giving it five extra weeks.  Some of you are probably interested.

Best,
Paris

NOTICE:  DEADLINE FOR SAPA 2004 EXTENDED TO 21 APRIL 2004

The deadline for the submission of papers to the ISCA Tutorial and
Research Workshop on Statistical and Perceptual Audio Processing
(http://www.sapa2004.org) has been extended to 21st April 2004, in
response to several requests. The new deadline is a week after the paper
submission deadline for ICSLP 2004.

We apologize for the incovenience caused to authors who have already
submitted papers. Submitted manuscripts can be updated until 21st
April 2004.

The original call for papers (with appropriate date modifications) is
given below.

This is a call for papers for the 2004 ISCA Tutorial and Research
Workshop on Statistical and Perceptual Audio Processing.
(http://www.sapa2004.org). The workshop will be held in Jeju Island,
Korea, on 2nd and 3rd October, 2004.

The paper submission deadline is 21st April 2004.

The objective of the SAPA2004 workshop is to provide an informal
environment for the discussion of different approaches to various
problems in audio and speech processing. The workshop will run for one
and a half days and comprise three sessions, focusing on statistical,
perceptually-motivated and hybrid methods of processing speech and audio
signals. The aim of the workshop is to bring together people who work on
heuristic, or perceptually motivated methods of speech, music and audio
analysis, and those that work on similar problems from a statistical
angle. We hope that the participants of the workshop will be exposed to
a broader perspective, and that this will help foster new research, or
interesting variants to current approaches.

Papers describing relevant research and new concepts are solicited on,
but not limited to, the following topics:

 * Generalized audio analysis
 * Speech analysis
 * Music analysis
 * Audio classification
 * Speech recognition
 * Signal separation
 * Multi-channel analysis
We are also interested in work that relates CASA based methods to other
statistical methods, e.g. ICA, and other methods that use CASA-like cues
in a statistical framework, e.g. for separation or recognition.

Papers may be submitted at the conference website:
http://www.sapa2004.org. Manuscripts must be between 4 and 6 pages long,
in standard double-column format.  Formatting instructions for
manuscripts are available at the workshop website.  Accepted papers will
be published in the workshop proceedings.

For additional details, please see the workshop webpages at
http://www.sapa2004.org, or contact the organizers.

Papers must be received by 21st April 2004. The results of the paper
review will be posted by 1 June 2004.

Organizers
 Dr. Bhiksha Raj
 Research Scientist