Re: Uncertainty principle debate

Greetings,

This paper might be relevent to the uncertainty debate:

James J. Hant and Abeer Alwan, "A Psychoacoustic-Masking Model to Predict
the Perception of Speech-Like Stimuli in Noise," Speech Communication,
Vol. 40, May 2003, pp. 291-313.

The paper has data showing noise masked thresholds as a function
of duration and introduces a model which can predict these thresholds.
Stimuli include tones, glides, noise bursts, and formant transitions.

You can download the paper from our website:

http:///www.icls.ucla.edu/~spapl (and then click on the Publications
section)

Regards,
Abeer