Fwd: Re: apparent increase in loudness

--- Begin Message ---
Some studies have shown that the sound of a baby crying can
actually be quite debilitating. I remember reading about these
studies performed by the American Technology Corporation
which incorporated the sound of a baby crying played
backwards and mixed with some pure tones.

I tried to find out more about what tones were used but got
the reply that "Unfortunately, the recording in question is the
the property of U.S. government and it is not a good idea for
ATC to disclose their full contents."

Ross A. Hendler

> Dear Leo,
>
> I'm sure I remember reading something about the sound of
a crying
> baby having
> some unique biological relevance and as a result it was said
to be
> execptionally hard to mask/ignore. Can't remember where
or when I

--------
> This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
> To report misuse from this email address forward the
message
> and full headers to misuse@bradford.ac.uk

--------

--- End Message ---