Re: Cariani's question: "What is the visual analogue of pitch?"

Stephen Handel once said that an analogy between vision and audition could
be "seductive, but misleading". In my opinion, Kubovy & Van Valkenburg's
"Pitch is to space as audition is to vision" idea has some serious
drawbacks. See my comment on their paper:

Neuhoff, J. G. (2003) Pitch variation is unnecessary (and sometimes
insufficient) for the formation of auditory objects. Cognition. 87 (3)
219-224.

Available here:
http://jneuhoff.com/Cognition_Comment.pdf

________________________________