Active sound absorber applications in architecture

Dear list members,
I have a question about active sound absorbers for my thesis. Is it possible
to design a sound adaptive sound absorber wall by using this technology? I
am an architect mastered in acoustics. Do you know books or papers to help
me understand this technology? I would like to take some courses from
engineering department...which classes would be helpful?
Thank you very much!
Regards,
Ayce Dosemeciler