Semantic sound perception

Dear list,

I am looking for references (results) of experiments on the perception of
semantic real world sound signals by humans. For instance, the
discrimination between speech and music signals, the recognition of music
genres. Aspects like the temporal integration for real world signals and the
short term memory are extremely relevant for my research.

Till now I found references of experiments on simple (tones) signals.

Any suggestion or direction will be helpful.

Thank you

Hadi Harb
 Dept. Mathematiques - Informatique,
 ECOLE CENTRALE DE LYON