Re: sound restoration software

Hi Boris,

there is a lot of restoration software out there... You can get anything
between *free* :) and 10k $ :( software for your restoration.

You will at first need an waveeditor or so for the digitalization. You can
get good ones for almost free (e.g. Acoustica for $15 www.acondigital.com or
a bit more expensive Sound Forge www.sonicfoundry.com for about $200 I
guess).

In case you have an waveeditor supporting DirectX plugins I would suggest
Noise Wizard (www.noise-wizard.com) for the restoration part since it is
good and quite cheap ($119).

In case you do not have any waveeditor you might consider Algorithmix
(www.algorithmix.com) software (I believe it costs about $200) or the
cheaper software Magix Music cleaning lab (www.magix.com) (probably about
$50 but still quite good).

In case you really have a lot of money you could go for Cedar, which costs
about $ 5k for the denoiser plus another $ 5k for the host software you
need... expensive but good...

Enjoy your restoration,

Adamcool

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----