Sound Level Meters

Dear list,
        I would like to buy a sound level meter that I can use to calibrate psychoacoustic experiments. I expect that the acoustic presentations will sometimes be made in the free-field and sometimes over headphones, so I need a meter that can be adapted to either circumstance.
        I would welcome any comments about the sort of capabilities I should look for in a sound level meter, what companies might be good to purchase from, and what price ranges they might have.
        Please email me directly with the responses and I will compile and post them to the list in about a week.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Mike Gordon

--

Michael S. Gordon