Frozen noise generation

Dear list,

Thank you to those who replied to my question on "frozen noise
generation".  Your replies have been most useful.

Because we wanted to produce a ".wav" file, the normalization to [-1,+1]
was still required to avoid clipping.  Some of you pointed out that
normalizing each noise burst to their respective maximum amplitude was
inappropriate (as the resulting spectrum level would be different for the
two noise bursts).  However, we have finally solved the problem by
normalizing both noise bursts (with different bandwidth) to the maximum
amplitude of the two.  That is, to the maximum amplitude of the noise burst
with larger bandwidth.  It works!

Again, thank you for your helpful comments and suggestions.

-- Enrique

Please note my new e-mail address:  Enrique.LopezPoveda@uclm.es

Dr. Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda
Facultad de Medicina                Tel. +34-967599325
Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha   Fax. +34-967599327 / 967599272 / 967599204
Campus Universitario                http://www.med-ab.uclm.es
02071 Albacete, Spain