free field in anechoic?

Dear List,

Since the subject of free field recording has come up, maybe someone
can give me insights/advice in this area.

I'm recording musical instruments in an anechoic chamber (many are
online at http:theremin.music.edu) am considering alternative
microphone types/placement. Specifically, the B & K mics that I'm
looking at are either free field or pressure field.

What are the relative merits/disadvantages of free vs. pressure for
the type of recording I'd be doing?  I'm thinking of placing one mic
several feet away from the instrument (I'm open to other suggestions,
such as stereo, variable placement for each instrument, etc.).

thanks,

larry
Lawrence Fritts
Associate Professor of Composition