Re: pitch of unresolved harmonics

To Martin Brown's message:

But "boring" bass tones consisting of several harmonics with equal amplitudes
produce pitch sensation. I think we just deal here with a temporal rather than
spectral perception. This is further confirmed by another observatiion:  timbre
of these tones depends on starting phase relations between harmonics.

And: I have not found any data on the critical bandwidth in the range below 100
Hz.

And a question:
Does the contradiction between Zwicker and Moore data of a critical bandwidth in
the low frequency range suggests that the Zwicker data are wrong?

Alex

--

Alexander Galembo, Ph.D.
Visiting researcher