Special Session on Computational Models of Auditory Perception

Dear Colleagues:

I was asked to organize a Special Session for IEEE International Conference on Neural Network and  Signal Processing in Nanjing, China, from April 12-16, 2003. Nanjing (South Capital) is close to Shanghai and Hangzhou, and has many airline connections for travel convenience.

The conference has been an excellent meting point for many signal processing and artificial neural networks researchers mainly from electrical engineering and computer science communities. However, I believe it is a good time to introduce auditory models to these engineering-oriented community, and plan to organize a

Special Session on Computational Models of Audutory Perception.

Cognitive and computational neuroscientists will also have a chance to learn how their scientific works are utilized for information technology. Interaction between scientists and engineers will provide benefits to both sides.

If you agree with this idea and want to join this special session, please inform me of your intention and provide me

(1) Name
(2) Position and Affiliation
(3) E-mail and Fax number
(4) Tentative Title of your Presentation

by a return e-mail to sylee@mail.kaist.ac.kr
If possible, I would like to hear from you by September 15th.

Please also understand that, unlike many conferences in neuroscience, engineering-oriented conferences usually publish Proceedings, and may require camera-ready manuscripts (about 4 to 6 pages) before the conference.

Thanks in advance.

Soo-Young Lee
Director, Brain Science Research Center
Professor and Chair, Department of BioSystems
Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
373-1 Kusong-dong, Yusong-gu
Daejeon 305-701
Korea (South)
Tel: +82-42-869-3431 or 4301