Re: AUDITORY Digest - 29 Jul 2002 to 30 Jul 2002 (#2002-117)

Marius,

There is lots of source code on the net to do fourier transforms. Here are
two packages

http://www.fftw.org/
http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf.html (section 12)

This a good online book which explains the principles behind the fourier
transform:

http://www.dspguide.com/pdfbook.htm

If you already have the data in 512 byte array then the hardest part is
done. Good luck!

Ian Knopke
PhD Music Technology
McGill University