Re: light up my keyboard

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Daniel Rowan wrote:

> I'm running some auditory experiments via matlab and want to give
> feedback via the three standard lights on the keyboard. Does anyone have
> any m files / mex files that can selectively turn any one of these
> lights on or off?

In the good old DOS days I wrote a little assembly code that could do
that. As I remember, all you need is a proper OUT instruction sent to the
proper port number. But I don't know if "responsible" operating sytems
like Windows (no joke intended) allows applications to perform such
low-level operations. Also, I have no idea how to do this in Matlab.
Regards,

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *