Re: AUDITORY Digest - 24 May 2002 to 25 May 2002 (#2002-85)

I have yet to find a laptop with a built in sound card of reasonable
quality.  If you don't want the bulk of an external usb device you could
consider the digigram vx pocket.  It is a pc-card device.  The card is
expensive (~$600 US) but offers XLR input and output.  We have used one as
part of a measurement setup for a few years now.  It is sometimes difficult
to get it to interface with certain software, however.

Jason Summers
Rensselaer