Re: stereo microphones

What type of equipment do you want for binaural mikeing?  Stereo mikes tend
to be Front/Side mikes, not at all what you want.  For binaural recordings,
I've always mounted two small omni microphones by my ears (a dummy head
would work well, too).  YOu can find a range of these mikes at core-sound
(http://www.core-sound.com/) based on either the cheap panasonic 020
capsles or the really nice B&K DPA4060/4061 capsules.

As far as I know, there is no good "stereo mike" for this job.  Two omnis
properly placed are required.

David