List etiquette and email attachments

Dear List members -

As a timely reminder, I suggest that we do *not* send attachments in
messages to the list: it's much more efficient in terms of bandwidth
to post a pointer to files on a web site, or ask people to request
files individually if they are interested.  For those of us wedded to
text-based email readers, plain ascii email is much preferred as well
as seeming like the simplest and cleanest solution.

I've added a few lines to the "welcome" message that is sent to new
list members to let them know that plain ascii is preferred and email
attachments are not.

-- DAn Ellis <dpwe@ee.columbia.edu> http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~dpwe/
   Dept. of Elec. Eng., Columbia Univ., New York NY 10027 (212) 854-8928