Re: initial transients of musical instruments

Hi Alexander:

Two references that I found to be helpful on this general topic were:

Gordon, J.W.  (1987)  The perceptual attack time of musical tones.  J.
Acoust. Soc. Am., 82: 88-105.

Saldanha, E.L. and Corso, J.F.  (1964)  Timbre cues and the identification
of musical instruments.  J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 36: 2021-2026.

I hope that this helps.  Cheers,

Dennis P. Phillips

>Dear list members,
>
>I am looking for references or links to publications about the
>intial transients of musical instruments. I'm particularly
>interested in woodwind and string instruments.
>
>I would be grateful for any information you can give me.
>
>Best regards,
>Alexander Lerch

--------------------------
Dennis P. Phillips, Ph.D.