Measuring Reverberation time

Hello All,

I am looking for references for appropriate techniques for measuring reverberation time of a medium sized room (approx. 40'x40'x20'). In specific, number and position of loudspeakers, level and type of signal. Does your technique and stimuli vary depending on your question of interest (e.g. absorption characteristics versus effects on sound quality or speech intelligibility)? We are interested in speech intelligibility by the way. I have ordered an IEC standard that supposedly describes a "standard" method for measuring reverb times when examining the absorption characteristics of materials.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben Hornsby