Re: Request for sound files of Japanese traditional instruments

Hello All,
  This is my first contribution to the auditory list and it is a request. I
am undertaking research on the aesthetics of Japanese music and comparing
this to Western music from a cognitive point of view; focusing on sensory
consonance/dissonance as it applies to both musical cultures. I am looking
for sound files of traditional Japanese instruments, specifically the wind
instruments such as the  shackuhachi, sho and hichirichi. Sound files of
these instruments playing their related (Japanese) scales would be ideal.

                  Deirdre Bolger
Deirdre Bolger,
Dept. Computer science,
University of Limerick,