Re: AP in all of us? New evidence from speech research

My point exactly as working with deafblind is something that I do and the
statement had been made that the control was visual.

Tom
On Thu, 10 May 2001,
Alexandra Hettergott wrote:

> Tom Brennan replied :
> >If this requires vision, how do we teach the deafblind speech?
> Vision *might* be useful in cases where feedback control via the
> auditory system is entirely impossible (as in sign language /
> dactylology) -- you won't yet assume that deaf-only persons wouldn't
> make use of vision (only) since the deaf-blind aren't able to ...?
> In the latter case, IMH(non-expert)O that if there are no other
> (physical / mental) handicaps, there might be other possibilities to
> (senso-motorically / cognitively) coordinate articulation / feedback
> control (in addition to mere communication-by-touch).
> :ah

Tom Brennan, CCC-A/SLP, RHD
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html
web master http://titan.sfasu.edu/~f_freemanfj/speechscience.html