Re: No evidence of notes in raw speech F0

Martin Braun wrote:
>At what points in a sentence did you extract f0 ?

At all points for which there was regular glottal vibration.  By raw I mean
that no "speech target" selection process was involved.

I also tried doing statistics of maxima or minima of contiguous voiced
portions (which roughly correspond to "breath groups") as a rough but
plausible target selection process.  No sign of a note-related structure in
the distribution of values.

Alain

Alain de Cheveigne'
CNRS/IRCAM, 1 place Stravinsky, 75004, Paris.
phone: +33 1 44784846, fax: 44781540, email: cheveign@ircam.fr
http://www.ircam.fr/equipes/pcm/cheveign