Re: Motor theory of absolute pitch

Dix Ward's and Ed Burns's study showed that auditory feedback was necessary
for producing a melodic sequence even as simple as an ascending scale. The
AP issue was secondary -- if you are off by a third when you want to sing a
note in a scale, it is pretty irrelevant whether you hit the first note
right or not.

Pierre Divenyi