Absolute frequency / Absolute color

Martin Braun wrote:
> ...this is not possible. There are millions of colors. Most of us,
> however, would have an absolute memory of 12 colors. Color circles
> of 12 colors are quite common and can be learned in a few minutes.
> The 12 tones of our octave can not be learned in years (with
> extremely rare exceptions), once you are older than 5-7 years

An absolute memory of 12 colors corresponds to an absolute memory of
pitch for 12 categories spanning the entire range of audible frequencies
from 20-16.000 Hz (at my age). I suppose this can be learned in a few
minutes. A hemitonic absolute pitch memory covering a musical relevant
range of frequencies would correspond to an absolute memory of roughly
90 color shades (only hue, same saturation and brightness).

- Christian