Re: On the Grammar of Music

John Croft wrote :
>In other words, stylistic variation in music is (potentially)
>continuous -- it seems to me that this is a significant
>disanalogy with linguistic grammatical correctness.
You can easily write a poem, some technical instructions, a novel, a
political speech, ... while using one and the same language
(elements) -- yet in a different way (style) ... Grammar use might thus
be related to (individual / particular) style, but this does tell more
about a natural (potential) variety inherent here rather than its
respective correctness ...
:ah