d' calculation

I'm trying to calculate d' from an experiment that used a modified method of constant stimuli.  Essentially, it is a same-different paradigm in which S1 is presented in the first interval of a trial.  On half the trials the second interval is also S1 (same trials).  The remainder of the trials are equally distributed S1-S2, S1-S3, etc (in the current instantiation, we have five different values S2-S6), with S2 representing the smallest change and S6 representing the largest change (the change is a increment in the level of 2 harmonics in 5-harmonic complexes).  This seems like a clear example of what McMillan and Creelman refer to as a reminder task but it wasn't clear (at least to me) what the most appropriate way of calculating d' is from this type of paradigm.  Fitting a logistic function (Green, 1993) seems like a reasonable solution but I wonder if there were other possibilities. Thanks for any suggestions

Mitch Sommers

Mitchell S. Sommers, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dept. of Psychology