Re: phoneme recognition and stimulus length

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Jont Allen wrote:

> As I mentioned last month, the work of Cyma Van Petten (JASA, page 2643,
> Nove 2000, #5, pt 2, vol 108) is relevant here. She showed that there is a
> point in time where you resolve the word/sound, and that adding more
> time or sound does very little to the score.

Yes, this was the point of my question. I will look up her work.
I would like to see a time vs. recognition accuracy curve :-)
Thanks to all who replied.

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *   "Heavy Metal is the
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *    QUINTessence of music"
     e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu            *
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *             /Anonymous/