New Member - Introduction

Dear  List Members,

I have just joined the auditory list and would like to introduce
myself.  My name is Sheila Garfield and I am a first year PhD
student at the University of Sunderland, United Kingdom.  My area
of research is neural networks/hybrid systems and natural
language particularly spontaneous language processing.  I am
investigating spoken dialogue systems for helpdesk automation to
support a natural language interface by automatically detecting
classes of service levels from spoken language.

My homepage is: http://www.his.sunderland.ac.uk/staff/sheila.html

Sheila Garfield
University of Sunderland
Hybrid Intelligent Systems Research Group
School of Computing, Engineering & Technology
Informatics Centre
St Peter's Campus
St Peter's Way
Sunderland