Re: Informational Masking

> I seem to observe that it is possible to
> 'store' apparently (fairly) unprocessed 'sound chunks', and 're-listen' to
> them a short time later, and *only then* understand them.

I've had this experience -- in high school I'd daydream and
stare out the (barred) window, and only hear a drone from the direction
of the teacher, but if I was asked a direct question (fortunately
a rarity), I could reconstitute the question even though I
hadn't paid any attention to what was being said -- a kind
of weird internal playback.