Re: CASA problems and solutions

John,
  Thank you for the comments on sound localization and reverberations.
I'll check it out.
  My emphasis on direction of arrival was based on using it to test whether
the interstitial waveform sampling idea has legs.  It seems that it does.
  However, in my system localization is not really the first phase of the
separation process, nor is it necessary for separation.  The suggestion
that separation occurs first is correct.  In my sampling method, the
waveform information vectors represent the first phase of separation
because they contain the information by which source streams may be
identified.
  I'm not sure how that fits in with the previous experiments, but it does
make sense to me.

   Cheers,

    John Bates
    Time/Space Systems