Re: old JASA's

Mori,

Your problem is a known bug in the Mac version of DjVu.
I believe it has been fixed. If not, I will get you the fixed djvu program.
Windows, Linux, and Unix users are not having this problem.

As I said, I believe it has been fixed. It is unfortunate that we did not see this
before the CDROMs went out.

Another problem with the MAC is that if you load all the files onto
the drive, it can cause an overflow of the filesystem, and crash the hard
drive. This is a possible problem of the MAC OS. Please becarful
and load the CDROMS one at a time on the MAC OS, and ck the filesystem
after each CDROM, to make sure your filesystem is not full.

I am working with second hand information here, so please send
me your experience, and we will try to track the problems you are having,
and fix them.

Jont Allen

MORI Koichi wrote:

> I was almost suggesting my library to donate the old JASA hard copies,
> but now I don't. I've found, to my disappointment, that the
> reproduction in the new CD-ROM's is of a significantly worse quality
> than that in the old ones, much less the published (printed) volumes.

This is a known problem with the MAC DjVu program provided on the disk
Download the newer version from lizeardtech.com

http://www.lizardtech.com/cgi-bin/products/products.pl
or
http://www.lizardtech.com

--
Jont B. Allen
AT&T Labs-Research, Shannon Laboratory, E161