Re: Help!

There is a discussion of this in the movie At First Sight.  In the credits of
the movie, there will be original sources sighted.  Sorry, I'm blind myself so
can't check the credits for you -- they're not exactly very accessible but the
basic idea of what you've stated is actually correct.  Blind o&m trainers
teach this kind of orientation to clients.  Unfortunately, since the majority
of o&m trainers are sighted this does not happen much of the time.

Tom
On Sat, 6 Jan
2001, cel1053 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I remember Ive read somewhere something written
> by a blind man, who described how the perception
> of the changes of the sound of the rain gave to him
> a virtual map of the  street where he was walking.
> As I would like to start a speech with this page,
> does anybody knows it and can help me in finding
> it?
>
> Thank You very much.
>
> Nicola zonca

Tom Brennan, CCC-A/SLP, RHD