demonstrations

Is the argument here actually about what does, and does not constitute "the
study of perception"?
If we are to exclude subjective phenomena, then, as Susan Greenfield has
pointed pointed out, we are 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater', and
are actually studying something less than 'perception'; wasn't this the
point of the Gestalt approach?
Isn't what Al Bregman proposes a more modern, 'iterative approach' to
hypothesis-generation which actually utilises peer-review as part of the
experiment?
regards,
Peter Lennox
Hardwick House