Re: Linux binaural analysis

Eric -

Linux has pretty good soundcard support.  If the card is reasonably
well-known and has been out for at least 6 months, it is probably
supported.  There are actually two sources of kernel sound drivers for
Linux that I know of.  The standard driver is OSS by 4front
technology, http://www.4front-tech.com/ .  They have a lot of details
including a list of supported cards on their web site.  Their driver
is included in RedHat Linux, I believe.

The competitor that I recently switched to is ALSA,
http://www.alsa-project.org/ .  This supports fewer cards but has more
features, including full duplex operation. which isn't supported in
the free version of OSS (although you can upgrade it for $20 or
something).

Good luck,

  DAn.